Data Depot - MORTGAGE BROKER EMAIL DATABASE

Panama, Panama 0 comments

We bought the list for $399.00 of 200,000 MORTGAGE BROKER contacts. Most of the companies are out of business and the data is from 2007.

The file is a complete scam and the customer service is none once they have been paid! The email that were in the file bounced at almost 70% and made marketing completely useless. This company kept trying to say the data for 2015 and we showed them that most of the companies on the lists have been out business for almost a decade. Avoid using the company or buying and email from them.

Every list they sell is a scam and I believe they have opened a new website at email-list.com. DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP in this scam.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Data Depot - My Opinion

Miami, Florida 0 comments

I contacted Data Depot last month about doing some email marketing, I was greated by a friendly sales team and given several options on how I can generate some traffic to my website. I finally settled on a list in my area for $99 and rec a file of around 90 thousand emails.

I also took advantage of thier email marketing software and after I watched the demo videos provided on the website I sent my first email blast. Just like the sales team told me I did have a few bounces but ended up with a 2 percent open rate which was more than I anticipated. I was able to drive 150 new customers to my site and made ten fold my initial investment. I will continue to use thier service and I hope I continue to see these type of results.

I felt compelled to write this statement after reading some other reviews. I guess everyone has their own opinion this is mine, David

DATA DEPOT - SCAM ALERT - STAY AWAY

Evanston, Illinois 4 comments

Do NOT do business with Data Depot. I bought an email list and email marketing services.

I sent 30,000 emails out and their own statistics reveal that NOT ONE EMAIL was opened. So either it's a bad list or their email service is poor. When I asked about what happened, I was told by a manager that they "cannot guarantee results." They hide behind a contract the customer is asked to sign which agrees that nothing is refundable. A quick Internet search shows THEY'VE BEEN SCAMMING people like this for a long time.

THERE ARE MANY COMPLAINTS OUT THERE. Stay away!

Comments

Sarakrlsn
New Delhi, Delhi, India #693357

So here we go..We think that the list of email is the ticket to quick money. We spend some $100-$150 and want to convert it into thousands.

Who is wrong? The data seller or the buyer.

What happens if I buy a 500,000 email addresses and send a marketing mail to all of them?

Will I end up generating 500 sales?

Of course not. Aren't you aware of spam filtering tools of all ESPs?

First learn to use your list well and it is not as easy as buying a software then shooting thousands of emails :p

Do not blame the vendor.

Wow, you sound angry and SICK. Hmmmm, wonder who wrote this...

could it be CHAD and TOM from Data Depot?????? Get help!

Hey Debsherm, are you in a tall building? Can you get to the roof? JUMP you ***king piece of sh it.

Is there any way you can just...run into a sharp knife or something and save us all from your *** scam emails?

Debsherm is human garbage.

*** Debsherm. You are the *** of the Earth. You don't deserve to be alive. You piece of dog sh1t.

And a quick internet search showed you their bad work, but your incompetence prevented you from doing this BEFORE PAYING THEM MONEY. It's just a quick internet search you id10t.

You and all email scammers, telemarketers, and the money grubbing people you work for can all go FU CK YOURSELF.

You have no common decency. Nobody wants to get an email from you, that's why you have to pay for email addresses. I'm so glad that a scammer like you got scammed, hahahahahahha.

View more comments

Data Depot - Data-Depot

Cottage Grove, Minnesota 2 comments

This is the worst place in the world to buy any kind of list at all. Before you purchase online - just call the number and try to get a response - that will tell you everything you need to know.

They flat out lied to me - Don't buy anything from these guys...Amazing that they are in business.

The list I purchased was supposed to have websites - and it had a handful at most. Only half of the files had first and last names - most were missing.

When I went through the file to look for businesses I am familiar with - most weren't on my list. But if you're looking for a list of every location for the big grocery store chains - you will love this list (sarcasm).

Comments

Sarakrlsn
New Delhi, Delhi, India #693363

Who is wrong? The data seller or the buyer.

Will I end up generating 500 sales?

Of course not. Aren't you aware of spam filtering tools of all ESPs?

Do not blame the vendor just because the email campaign you set up went bounced or that you did not know the abc of email marketing and jumped into email shooting spree.

The company sells data and the data are genuine. And they are in the business of converting your $100 into $1000

Hey, are you in a tall building? Can you get to the roof? JUMP you f-uc-king piece of s-h-it.

You are human garbage.

You and all email scammers, telemarketers, and the money grubbing people you work for can all go F-U- CK YOURSELF.

I bought Data depot bad email list

Cullman, Alabama 0 comments

I bought data depot.com email list. My request was for emails of real estate offices in my city.

After talking to the sales person, I had a feeling that something was not right. I tried to cancel. I got another sales person on the phone and he said he had sent the information I had requested. The list had 945 addresses.

Over 600 return and still returning. The emails that went through did not match the information in their list. The replys was not in the city I requested.

If you call you cannot get help or money returned. I am reporting them to BBB and my credit card company.

Data Depot

Overland Park, Kansas 2 comments

Data Depot has provide non working mailing list and has not made good either by a good list or a refund. They force you into resolving by email response only on problems which by this procedure do not respond.

They out to take your money and nothing else.I have tried by telephone several times through the sales department with no success. The sales department will transfer you over to technical support or if by calling in you attempt to contact technical support a automatic transfer is to voice mail that all technical support is done by email which does not materialize after you contacted by email.

You are human garbage.

i wish i checked this review before buying a list from Data Depot. i paid $99 for a zipcode in Arizona.

95% of the emails are not working and if you go trough email list you can see that some are made up. i call them they said thats all we have at this time and they give me another mailing list for another city. same thing.

i am wasting time and money to send emails but it goes no where. thanks Data Dipot, but change your name put something like *** Dipot....

Data Depot datadepot.biz has 52.46% BOUNCE RATE!

Dallas, Texas 0 comments

We purchased 100,000 "qualified" leads through Data Depot (datadepot.biz). After uploading an initial 15,000 records into our CRM database, we ran our 1st email campaign using 5,890 leads which RESULTED IN A 52.46% BOUNCE RATE! Our SMTP provider is threatening to cancel our account due to the high volume of BAD RECORDS.

Of course, there is NO LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT available, only email submission. I call into the SALES department which of course, DOES have a live person. After stating the issue we have, the sales rep told me to contact the owner: TOM WATSON

And of course, TOM WATSON was out to lunch and not available. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

Data depot --do not use them.

Los Angeles, California 1 comment

i broke the golden rule and did not research them before i used them.

they did not deliver one single email!!! i purchased a list of 170,000 email addresses and the email campaign service for $409 and got nothing from them. thank god i used a credit card and can get the charges reversed.

phone conversations were nothing more than a stall tactic, provided they just didnt put you on hold until you hung up.

check out the complaints on the better business bureau--much much higher than their competitors. next time i will remember to research the company before i use them.

DATA DEPOT IS A COMPANY OF CROOKS

Washington, District Of Columbia 20 comments

Update by user Oct 19, 2012

NOTICE THAT THE ONLY POSITIVE RESPONSES ARE OUT OF FLORIDA WHERE DATA DEPOT IS \"HEADQUARTERED\" OUT OF A UPS MAILBOX CENTER.

INTERNALLY THE OWNERS ARE OBVIOUSLY SAYING POSITIVE THINGS AND POSTING THEM AS NO LEGITIMATE CUSTOMER OF DATA DEPOTS IS HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE FROM THIS SCAM AND FRADULENT COMPANY OF CROOKS.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE AN NOT SIGN UP FOR A LIST WHERE YOU AGREE YOU CANNOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK AFTER IT IS OPENED.

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2009

DATA DEPOT IS A COMPLETE FRAUD AND SCAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS ON THE LEVEL OF THE MAFIA. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY LISTS OR EMAIL SENDING SERVICES FROM THEM.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO CONTACT THE FL ATTY GENERAL ALONG WITH OTHERS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE CRIMINALLY PROSECUTED OR AT LEAST PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE ARE NONREFUNABLE EVEN IF THEY DO NOT PROVIDE THE PRODUCT (GOOD EMAIL LISTS) OR SERVICES (SOFTWARE PLATFORM TO SEND THE EMAILS OUT THAT WORKS)

THESE PEOPLE ARE BAD NEWS AND MUST HAVE JUST BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON.

THE WEBSITE IS WWW.DATADEPOT.COM. THEY ARE IN LOCATED IN FL.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. TOTAL SCAM AND RIP OFF!!!

Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States #806554

Update: We called to see what was up and they informed us that basically they are a spam email provider. That they are one of the only companies that send unsolicited emails.

So even though we have a confirmed list of GOOD emails they cannot send them in a way that people will actually get them because Gmail or other companies will not let the email go through and the answer that this company has told us is to send the email campaign multiple times (then we will send all the emails we purchased and have to buy more) before the server will accept the email and let it go through.

And he outright told us that their company is not a first rate company! DO NOT use this company unless you plan to send spam emails, illegal and don't want to get caught which I highly advise not to do!!!!!

Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States #806545

I have had the same problem. We tried to send an email with this company and it said that the open rate was less than 2%.

We are using the same email list we have used in the past with a much higher open rate. Also some of the emails on the list were employees in our office and they did not receive the email leading us to think it didn't actually send. I contacted a family member who is an expert on sending emails and they had said yes it is possible that there would only be a 2% open rate but based on the information I gave them said they are fairly certain that would be impossible. Their open rate is 25-30% usually and that ours for retail should have been much higher than 2% even if it didn't reach 25%.

I am now sure that the emails did not send and we have contacted the company to see what the problem is. But the fact that I can never even get on to the website many times is another reason to go with another company if you ever need to send an email campaign.

Too late for me. I used their services and couldn't them to stop billing me.

Finally, I got the bank to refund 2 months and stopped their billing that way. :( They owe me $840, which I'll probably never see.

Chad is Sean....and whatever woman name is Jessica. These guys sell ***.

They are very intelligent individuals. I just wish they would properly source their leads before screwing people.

They live it up large on your misfortunes and that's a shame. I knew this venture was a scam from the first time I was introduced it.

First let me commend the the same day delivery of my email list order.Excellent.The quality of your leads is 100%.After few hours,There are loads of responses. Wonderful.

I just purchased another list.

Christianne

I had a very pleasant experience with data depot and found their sales reps freindly and helpful, I also generated more than 100 new sales and drove alot of new traffice to my website

I looked in to purchasing a list. They sent me an email and asked me to sign the credit card and initial etc.

I NEVER signed IT.....I stilllll got charged $209.00! Without a signature folks! Called and a very rude dude named Chad said to email him back with card and info.... I just did and said *this better be back IN my account IMMEDIATELY!

We shall see what happens because folks I DID NOT EVEN SIGN APPROVING CHARGES!! Let their *** try to fight me on that!

*** TO THA NO! Shame...

I wish I would have found these posts. They are at it again.

Posting false advertising and not holding up to their end of their agreement. I got a list that only 1/2 would open, then sent email out (added my personal email to test the trustworthiness of their service) and not even my email went through.

Then told them immediately to cancel service and I would be challenging the charges. A month later they charge me another $600 for services I never even used the first month even though they DID NOT EVEN HAVE A VALID SERVER SET UP for my distribution.

They are crooks! Stay away.

You will not get what they prommise. They stole my $400 and provided no service.

Just lost sleep and a bunch of BS. Their statement was "you signed the agreemnt saying Data Depot didn't need to provide anything except take payment" and that's exactly what they did!

I was taken for $342.00. After a few days of them telling me that their servers were down so we could not do a campaign, I got curious and started finding all these scam comments.

I almost got a credit from the bank back because I told them it was a fraudulent charge. They produced 15 pages of papers that said they held up there end. So they got to keep their money. They also sent me a email thrusting to sue me for trying to stop charges!

I ready to fight! Anyone else want to join me?

If you're going to pay $200 for an entire state's worth of data...of course you will be buying *** from data-depot or any of the otehr companies like it! No shocker there.

No data company worth its salt sells data for anything other than per 1000 records. Try using stirista.com or another DMA-approved vendor.

#312068

Yep, they just took me for $400. They also go by www.email-list.com. You can fin their corp info on sunbiz.org under IN TOUCH MEDIA, LLC

:( If you've done business with these bums and are unhappy with their product and services, I encourage you to file a complaint not only with the local BBB but also with the AG office in Florida. They are cooks.

#194062

I have bought from datadepot before as well- their data is old, outdated and their service is almost non-existent. I found a company named 56Leads that has up-to-date data, and has a really good tech-support/customer service department.

I have used them for over a year now and am very happy. I believe they are BBB accredited as well.

I wish I seen these posts before. Thry scammer gott lots of my money and did not provide me w/anything.

2 scammers man+woman. they use ringcentral a phone service to look legit...

BE AWARE

I signed up as a affiliate and I have never received the first commission check on sales from there links.

DATA DEPOT IS RUN OUT OF THIS MAILBOX AT A UPS STORE THAT HAS THE SAME ADDRESS THEY ADVERTISE BUYER BEWARE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIND THEM OR YOUR MONEY IF YOU USE THEM DESPITE ALL THESE REPORTS ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT THEIR SCAMS AND FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES:

Ups Store

THIS IS DATA DEPOT'S ADDRESS:

Data Depot

6822 22nd Avenue North Suite 284

St. Petersburg, FL, 33710 USA

Toll Free: 800-555-DATA (3282)

E-mail: info@datadepot.biz

Own this Business? | Suggest Correction

Report a General Complaint

Your complaint, comment, or inquiry may help us spot a pattern of law violations requiring law enforcement action. It also may help us recognize and tell people about bigger trends affecting consumers. We do not resolve individual consumer disputes.

About a Company, an Organization, or a Business Practice

* Online: Use our secure complaint form.

* Phone: Call our toll-free helpline: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357);

TTY: 1-866-653-4261

* Mail: Write to:

Federal Trade Commission

Consumer Response Center

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

CORRECTION: WEBSITE IS WWW.DATADEPOT.BIZ.

DO NOT USE THEM!!

THEY ARE RUNNING A FRAUDULENT SCAM OPERATION THAT DOES NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS ADVERTISED. ALL THEY WANT IS TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD AND THEM THEY WILL RUN WITH YOUR MONEY.

I have already filed complaints and you would need to send your complaint to:

Pinellas County Department of Justice & Consumer Services, 15251 Roosevelt Blvd., Ste 209, Clearwater, FL 33760. Their phone number is (727) 464-6200 and their e-mail is consumer@pinellascounty.org.

I have a current on-going complaint with them. I started with the FL AG's office who forwarded my complaint to the Division of Consumer Affairs - Data Depot just ignored them.

Don't give up - keep filing complaints. If the State and Federal authorities get enough complaints they'll have to launch a more thorough investigation.

View more comments

Data Depot - Datadepot.biz

Anaheim, California 1 comment

Few days ago I puchased a list of business in California. The list was so out of date that I can say almost 90% of the data was duplicated or not exsisted at all.

This compnay is a rippoff and bogus. Don't waste your money.

There are a number of honest site where you can buy these data. And make sure you read their contract.Since they refuse to refund peoples money you need to just find other site where they gurantee their prudocts.

It took me 15 hours to download their file.And after that i find out that the list of their data is just useless.

Comments

lol ***!! That's what you get for downloading their lists.