Update by user Oct 19, 2012

NOTICE THAT THE ONLY POSITIVE RESPONSES ARE OUT OF FLORIDA WHERE DATA DEPOT IS \"HEADQUARTERED\" OUT OF A UPS MAILBOX CENTER.

INTERNALLY THE OWNERS ARE OBVIOUSLY SAYING POSITIVE THINGS AND POSTING THEM AS NO LEGITIMATE CUSTOMER OF DATA DEPOTS IS HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE FROM THIS SCAM AND FRADULENT COMPANY OF CROOKS.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE AN NOT SIGN UP FOR A LIST WHERE YOU AGREE YOU CANNOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK AFTER IT IS OPENED.

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2009

DATA DEPOT IS A COMPLETE FRAUD AND SCAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS ON THE LEVEL OF THE MAFIA. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY LISTS OR EMAIL SENDING SERVICES FROM THEM.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO CONTACT THE FL ATTY GENERAL ALONG WITH OTHERS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE CRIMINALLY PROSECUTED OR AT LEAST PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE ARE NONREFUNABLE EVEN IF THEY DO NOT PROVIDE THE PRODUCT (GOOD EMAIL LISTS) OR SERVICES (SOFTWARE PLATFORM TO SEND THE EMAILS OUT THAT WORKS)

THESE PEOPLE ARE BAD NEWS AND MUST HAVE JUST BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON.

THE WEBSITE IS WWW.DATADEPOT.COM. THEY ARE IN LOCATED IN FL.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. TOTAL SCAM AND RIP OFF!!!

Had an Experience with Data Depot?

Comments

Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States #806554

Update: We called to see what was up and they informed us that basically they are a spam email provider.That they are one of the only companies that send unsolicited emails.

So even though we have a confirmed list of GOOD emails they cannot send them in a way that people will actually get them because Gmail or other companies will not let the email go through and the answer that this company has told us is to send the email campaign multiple times (then we will send all the emails we purchased and have to buy more) before the server will accept the email and let it go through.

And he outright told us that their company is not a first rate company!DO NOT use this company unless you plan to send spam emails, illegal and don't want to get caught which I highly advise not to do!!!!!

Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States #806545

I have had the same problem.We tried to send an email with this company and it said that the open rate was less than 2%.

We are using the same email list we have used in the past with a much higher open rate. Also some of the emails on the list were employees in our office and they did not receive the email leading us to think it didn't actually send. I contacted a family member who is an expert on sending emails and they had said yes it is possible that there would only be a 2% open rate but based on the information I gave them said they are fairly certain that would be impossible. Their open rate is 25-30% usually and that ours for retail should have been much higher than 2% even if it didn't reach 25%.

I am now sure that the emails did not send and we have contacted the company to see what the problem is.But the fact that I can never even get on to the website many times is another reason to go with another company if you ever need to send an email campaign.

Too late for me.I used their services and couldn't them to stop billing me.

Finally, I got the bank to refund 2 months and stopped their billing that way.:( They owe me $840, which I'll probably never see.

Chad is Sean....and whatever woman name is Jessica.These guys sell ***.

They are very intelligent individuals. I just wish they would properly source their leads before screwing people.

They live it up large on your misfortunes and that's a shame.I knew this venture was a scam from the first time I was introduced it.

First let me commend the the same day delivery of my email list order.Excellent.The quality of your leads is 100%.After few hours,There are loads of responses. Wonderful.

I just purchased another list.

Christianne

I had a very pleasant experience with data depot and found their sales reps freindly and helpful, I also generated more than 100 new sales and drove alot of new traffice to my website

I looked in to purchasing a list.They sent me an email and asked me to sign the credit card and initial etc.

I NEVER signed IT.....I stilllll got charged $209.00! Without a signature folks! Called and a very rude dude named Chad said to email him back with card and info.... I just did and said *this better be back IN my account IMMEDIATELY!

We shall see what happens because folks I DID NOT EVEN SIGN APPROVING CHARGES!! Let their *** try to fight me on that!

*** TO THA NO!Shame...

I wish I would have found these posts.They are at it again.

Posting false advertising and not holding up to their end of their agreement. I got a list that only 1/2 would open, then sent email out (added my personal email to test the trustworthiness of their service) and not even my email went through.

Then told them immediately to cancel service and I would be challenging the charges.A month later they charge me another $600 for services I never even used the first month even though they DID NOT EVEN HAVE A VALID SERVER SET UP for my distribution.

They are crooks!Stay away.

You will not get what they prommise. They stole my $400 and provided no service.

Just lost sleep and a bunch of BS.Their statement was "you signed the agreemnt saying Data Depot didn't need to provide anything except take payment" and that's exactly what they did!

I was taken for $342.00.After a few days of them telling me that their servers were down so we could not do a campaign, I got curious and started finding all these scam comments.

I almost got a credit from the bank back because I told them it was a fraudulent charge. They produced 15 pages of papers that said they held up there end. So they got to keep their money. They also sent me a email thrusting to sue me for trying to stop charges!

I ready to fight!Anyone else want to join me?